As we are still seeing patients we would like to update you with the precautionary measures we are taking to ensure the health of our patients and staff.
- Mask will be required to be worn at all times in our office. If you do not have a mask. please ask receptionist for one.
- If you are not feeling well or have been asked or required to quarantine, please reschedule your appointment. If at any point, through either physical or verbal communication, our staff feels that health is a threat to others, you will be asked to reschedule.
- Please use our hand sanitizer upon entering the office and after neccessary direct contact with others.
- Patients will be rescheduled if they are coughing, running fever, showing any signs of illness, or have traveled outside the country in the past 30 days.
- We are only allowing patients to have 1 person to accompany them if the assistance is necessary. Please refrain from bring your family and children unless the child is the patient.
- It is important to remain 6 feet from any other individual in the area.
- Staff members are wearing mask and gloves and constantly cleaning surfaces and waiting area to help prevent the spread of any germs.
We encourage you to help take steps to prevent the risk of spreading the virus and to protect your family, the elderly, and people with a higher risk due to chronic medical conditions.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds and use alcohol based hand sanitizer in the absence of soap and water.
- Keep hands away from your face to avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes.
- Be sure to keep your surrounding area clean and sanitized.
- Be sure to cover you mouth when coughing or sneezing or wear a mask.
- Do not go outside of your home if sick.
If you have any questions or concerns related to COVID-19 and an upcoming appointment at our office, please call us at 334-874-8787.
We encourage our patients to use the following official resources to find current information on appropriate courses of action and to track new cases: